Watching the GOP try to blame Secretary Clinton for the terror attacks in Benghazi, I started to think about other events.
One wonders if the GOP response to these events would have been different if Hillary Clinton had been president.
1. Imagine if Hillary had been POTUS on September 11, 2001. Would the GOP have joined together in unity to condemn the terrorists? Or would their response have been to blame the Hillary for not keeping us safe?
2. Imagine if Hillary had been POTUS on August 6, 2001 when the daily presidential briefing given to Mr Bush read, in part:
“…bin Ladin implied in his television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and bring the fighting to America….bin Ladin told his followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington…
…we have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting , such as that from a (NAME BLANKED OUT) service saying that bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft….
…FBI information …indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country (USA) consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York…”
And one month later hijacked planes were used to take down the World trade Center and the Pentagon.
Imagine the GOP response. World Trade Center. Hijackings. New York. Washington. FBI information!
3. Imagine if Hillary had been POTUS when Karl Rove, one of Mr Bush’s closest advisors “outted” a CIA agent because her husband dared to tell the truth about the faulty “Yellowcake” reports. The ultraconservative columnist Robert Novak revealed the identity of the secret agent and identified Rove as the source. All because her husband, Joe Wilson, exposed the “yellowcake” story as a fabrication.
Now, imagine if one of Hillary’s closest advisor had leaked the name of a CIA operative , putting not only the agent’s life in danger but the lives of all agents in foreign countries who may have had contact with that agent. Imagine the GOP response. Imagine if the reporter who leaked the name had been Rachel Maddow instead of Robert Novak. Imagine.
4. Imagine Hillary was POTUS when the US military installations were attacked on two separate occasions in Lebanon (when Reagan was POTUS). When the marines guarding the barracks were not allowed to have live ammo in their weapons ! Imagine if Hillary had been in charge instead of Ronnie. What would the GOP do with that one? Marines guarding a barrack with no ammo in their weapons! Imagine.
5. And imagine Hillary had been POTUS during the GW Bush years. The fact is that there were 60 deaths and 13 embassy attacks while GW Bush was commander-in-chief. 60 deaths. 60. Imagine what the GOP would do with that.
This is not to blame Bush or Reagan for terror attacks. Or not having omniscient powers. .After all, the world is a dangerous place, especially the Middle East. And the GOP seems to accept that when a GOP administration is in office. But for Hillary it is a different standard.
Another attack will come. Imagine that Hillary Clinton is POTUS when that happens. She most probably will be. Just wait for the GOP response to THAT one. You won’t have to imagine it.